Welcome to Our Personalized Gift Company!
Thank you so much for stopping by our shop! We love reading company origin stories (and we also realize that not everyone you find online is a "real" company), so we want to share the story behind how we hung up our shingle.
Personalized gifts say, "I care. I thought about you today. You matter. I love you". Wichita Gift Co. creates quality custom gifts to celebrate life and love or to comfort loss.
Whatever we're making for you, we're here to help you convey your feelings when words alone sometimes fall short. The most beautiful thing we've witnessed in our years doing what we do is that when you share your emotions, love is multiplied, but pain is divided.
We get great personal satisfaction helping you share a little piece of yourself with your loved ones by creating a gift just for them. We can help you:
- Design a sentimental blanket for grandma to offer a warm hug when you can't be there to do it in person
- Personalize a sarcastic or funny tumbler to cheer up your BFF when she finally dumps that loser
- Slap your logo on some swag and get the word out about the great work you do
- Grab a Wichita, Kansas souvenir to say "Wish you were here, but since you're not, at least you know that I'm thinking of you"
- Add the wedding couple's new names or photo to a unique gift to mark the beginning of their new adventure
- Pick the perfect baby keepsake gift, something that not only tells new mom and dad that their new tiny human is awesome, but also in 20+ years when the human is no longer tiny, serves as a reminder that they have always been important to you
- Pick out a "just because" gift for mom, dad, sister, or brother. They dealt with you as a teenager. They have seen some sh*t. Usually sh*t that was your fault. They either covered for you, or maybe they're still recovering from you. Nothing we offer makes up for that one time that one summer, but we can at least help you try.
- Commemorate a life well lived with a thoughtful sympathy gift or memorial piece. We hate this part. We cry when you walk out the door after ordering. We cry when we're editing photos to put on a keepsake ornament or memorial candle. We cry again, sometimes with you, when you pick it up. Whether it's your person or your pet, we are so honored that you trust us to create a remembrance worthy of the joy they brought you.
Our roots - it all started with love
Our owner, Tammy, was one of those weird teenagers who loved her job. At 16, she was working at Monarch Crest Gift Shop, a gorgeous pit stop along Highway 50 smack dab on the Continental Divide. Souvenirs were her favorite sales: customers either wanted a tangible reminder of her beloved Colorado mountains or wanted to share their experience with someone who wasn't along for the ride.
That's what gifts are, after all, aren't they? Expressions of love.
Fast forward a LOT of years... After spending a healthy portion of life chasing money and not happiness with corporate manufacturing, design, and marketing careers, she "retired" from a demanding job to stay home with her kids, husband, dogs, and laser doing what she loved.
A laser love story - marrying graphic design and manufacturing
Laser? What started in 2009 as her husband saying, "If I buy a laser for work, will you run it for me?" turned into her taking it over. More than 15 years of graphic design skills went into creating small projects for friends as a creative outlet. After hearing, "You should open a business" for the 100th time, in 2015 she started an Etsy shop, then in 2016 an online-only company.
Today, that company she started is a 10,000 s.f. manufacturing shop with growing manufacturing capabilities, including:
- Laser engraving and cutting
- Large format aqueous printing (canvas is our specialty)
- UV printing
- Dye sublimation
- Light fabrication
- Graphic design
Still doing what we love...30+ years later
Supported by a staff of fun-loving, talented designers and craftspeople working for our main company just a few blocks away, our other online stores keep the manufacturing and design shop busy, but we wanted to grow locally. Wichita Gift Co. was incorporated in 2020, offering Wichitans a local source for personalized gifts with a quick turn time, quality design services, and commitment to customer satisfaction that was born high in the Rocky Mountains in the summers of a long, long time ago!
That's nice, but what do we actually DO?
Our shop has a good selection of off-the-shelf items for any occasion, including Wichita souvenirs. We also can personalize any of the items we offer in just a few days - some of the items we can even personalize while you wait. Our site has a huge (though at the moment, partially blank) representation of what we can and do make. If it can be laser engraved, printed, or made with a little elbow grease and light fabrication services, we can probably do it for you, even if you don't see it on our site. We specialize in personalized tumblers and professionally quality gallery-wrapped canvas, but we love new challenges too.
Hit us with your best idea and you'll most likely hear, "Yes, of course", or "Maybe, hold my beer".
Stop by and say hi to Sarah, Hannah, or Tammy if you're in west Wichita. We have (or can make) something perfect for everyone on your list!